The quest to find the perfect skincare routine can be overwhelming. There are so many products, brands and procedures to take into account. The good news is that there is a right way to go about it.
1. Cleanse-You should wash your face with a gentle cleanser, such as soap or a cleansing gel. These products remove dirt and oil from the surface of your skin, while also removing any excess dead cells that may be present on the surface of your skin.
2. Exfoliate-After cleansing, you should apply an exfoliant product to gently remove dead skin cells from the surface of your face. Exfoliators can be purchased in the pharmacy or at department stores. There are also many home remedies for exfoliation that you can use as well.
3. Tone-Toning your skin is a necessary step in any skincare routine. Toning the skin removes the dead skin cells and debris that accumulate on the surface of your face, neck, and chest. It also brightens the appearance of your skin by removing discolorations and other imperfections.
How you tone your skin depends on its condition. If you have oily or blemished skin, toning will help remove excess oil from the surface of your face. If your skin is normal or dry, toning will help remove dead cells to improve its texture.
4. Moisturize-After exfoliating, it is important to moisturize your face because it will allow for better penetration of other products onto your skin, which makes them more effective when applied afterwards. Make sure that you apply moisturizer after moistening up with a toner or astringent type product in order to lock in moisture as well as reduce any redness or irritation caused by applying too much heat on your face following cleansing and exfoliation.
5. Protect and repair-If you are going outside for a long period of time, it is recommended that you reapply sunscreen every two hours or so. This will help prevent sunburn and damage to your skin. If you are planning on staying outside for more than two hours, do not forget to apply lip balm beforehand because it helps reduce dryness and irritation caused by UV rays.
Repairing your skin after using harsh products like harsh acne cleansers or exfoliating scrubs can be done at home using hydrocortisone cream or vitamin C serum before bedtime. The idea here is to prevent further damage while repairing any existing damage caused by harsh products.
6. Brighten-Skin brightening is a process that involves the use of various products that help to reduce the visibility of pigmentation caused by the sun, dark spots and other factors. The main goal is to restore the brightness and health of your skin.
Skin brightening products are available in the form of creams, lotions or gels that you apply on your skin. They contain ingredients such as retinoids, antioxidants or other active ingredients that help remove dead cells from the epidermis and stimulate cell renewal for a healthy glow.